Thursday, January 26, 2012

Goodbye Red, Hello Blonde: One and Only Color Fix Reveiw

After my fun with L'Oreal's Hicolor Hilights in Red I have decided I want to go back blonde. After trying to cover the red with a brown with no luck, except to turn it a darker burgundy red I have researched product reviews and decided to strip my hair with Jherri Redding's One and Only Color Fix.($9.99 on sale at Sally's Beauty Supply). This stuff is AMAZING!! It completely removed the red in only 2 processes ( one box for my short, thick/wavy/coarse hair).It did not damage my hair at all! The smell is bad, but not bad enough to keep me away from this product!!Plus the smell DID wash out in a few shampoos! I decided to use every step , even though most reviewers warned it would re-darken hair, because I didn't want any surprises when I decided to re dye it! My hair did re-darken a little in between the 2 processes, but did not re-darken during or after the 3rd step.  It did not however get it quite as light as I want it. So after a weeks worth of more review reading I have decided that instead of Stripping it again I will try the L'Oreal Mega Blondes. It claims to lift up to 4 levels and no pre lightening is required! My hair is a dark golden blonde right now, so I think this will be the perfect product for me! Can't wait to try it out tomorrow and post a review with pictures! Off to Sally's!

No comments:

Post a Comment